Memes pour in as Shafqat Mehmood announces spring break
Memes pour in as Federal Minister for Education Shafqat Mehmood, announces spring break from March 15th till the 28th for all educational institutes.
An important press conference was held today with Special Assistant to the Prime Minister on Health Dr Faisal Sultan and Shafqat Mehmood at the National Command and Operations Centre (NCOC) to review the coronavirus situation in the country and school opening modalities.
Other important decisions taken by the NCOC:
- Strict compliance of mask wearing will continue across the board.
- Smart lockdowns / micro smart lockdowns will continue to be imposed based on the disease prevalence / hotspots.
- 50% work from home policy will be implemented on the discretion of provinces. However, it will be enforced in Islamabad with immediate effect.
- The time limit of 10:00pm on all commercial activities will be re-enforced with immediate effect, less essential services.
- Amusement parks across the country will be closed at 6:00pm.
- Earlier decision of allowing indoor weddings, indoor dining and opening of cinemas and shrines with effect from 15th March 21 has been withdrawn. However, outdoor dining / take away will continue to remain open as per previous practice.
- Outdoor gatherings will continue to remain limited to a maximum of 300 individuals with strict enforcement of COVID -19 SOPs.
- A review of all enforced NPIs will be carried out on 12th April 21.
- The above-mentioned decisions regarding NPIs are base-line decisions. Federating units are at liberty to impose stricter NPIs in selected Cities / Districts keeping in view the local disease trend / spread.
As last month, Shafqat Mehmood announced that all the educational institutes would resume regular 5-day classes from the 1st of March an emergency meeting was held today because of the alarming surge in coronavirus cases across the country in just a week due to which new decisions have been made along with closing schools for two weeks from from the 15th of March.
This news has been trending on social media and we just cant stop giggling over the memes that students are posting!!